The State Emergency Service of Ukraine says rescuers have pulled another body from the rubble of an apartment block in Donetsk, as Zelenskyy slams the idea Russia is taking an operational ‘pause’.
- Air raid sirens were activated across the Black Sea port city of Mykolaiv early on Monday morning, with residents reporting loud explosions on social media.
- Three rockets hit the city of Kharkiv overnight, Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs reports.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says there has been no let-up in Russian attacks on his country with 34 air raids conducted in the 24 hours since Sunday night, including the attack that has so far killed 18 in the Donetsk town of Chasiv Yar.
- The head of Ukraine’s president’s office, Andriy Yermak, has called the Chasiv Yar attack an act of “terrorism” saying Russia should be on the list of “state terrorist sponsors”.
- The Nord Stream 1 pipeline carrying Russian gas to Germany starts annual maintenance on Monday, with flows expected to stop for 10 days, but governments, markets and companies are worried Moscow might extend the shutdown.