Boat transporting Russian soldiers and weapons targeted by missiles, governor of Ukraine’s Odesa region says.
- Ukraine says it hit Russian navy tugboat transporting soldiers and ammunitions to Russia-occupied Zmiinyi island south of Odesa region.
- The United Nations human rights commissioner has said the death and destruction in the port city of Mariupol show “gross violations” of international human rights law.
- The UN’s Michelle Bachelet also said the city is the “deadliest place in Ukraine” and raised concern over reported “filtration” processes.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, French President Emmanuel Macron, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi and Romanian President Klaus Iohannis have backed Ukraine’s bid for candidate status at the European Union on their first trip to Kyiv since the war started.
- Russian-backed separatists in Luhansk say they are ready to open a humanitarian corridor to evacuate civilians from a chemical plant in Severodonetsk, if Ukraine agrees to a ceasefire.
- A Russian missile strike on the Black Sea region of Mykolaiv on Friday morning has killed at least one person and injured six, including a child, local officials say.