Fighters who held out in Mariupol’s vast Azovstal steelworks and then surrendered have been transferred to Russia, state media reports, while Ukraine said it would return them in a prisoner exchange.
- Norway says it donated 22 self-propelled howitzers to Ukraine, including spare parts, ammunition and other gear.
- More than 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers who surrendered in the city of Mariupol have been transferred to Russia for investigation, Tass state news agency cites a Russian law enforcement source as saying.
- Russia’s defence minister Sergei Shoigu claims 97 percent of the Luhansk region, one of the two provinces that make up Ukraine’s Donbas, is under Russian control.
- Shoigu adds Russian forces have fully “liberated” the residential quarters of Severodonetsk.
- Ukrainian official states some 600 Ukrainians are being held captive and tortured in the Russia-occupied southern region of Kherson.
- Source: aljazeera.com